To use this website comfortably the browsers and plug-ins below are necessary. Check the version of the operating system that you use. If you use the site in other than the recommended environment, please note that some pages cannot be viewed or will not function as intended.
Windows 10 / 11
macOS 11.7 / 12.6 / 13.2
Adobe Systems Flash Player
Android: 10 / 11 / 12 / 13
iOS: 14 / 15 / 16
320×480 pixels or greater
The MARUGOTO-NO-KOTOBA website is operated by The Japan Foundation, Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai based on the following rules of use. People who access and use this site are deemed to agree with this site policy.
- (1)The copyrights (or intellectual property rights) for information carried on this site, such as text, illustrations, pictures, audio and images, all belong to The Japan Foundation, Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai unless otherwise stated.
- (2)All or part of the information carried on this site cannot be reprinted or reproduced for any purpose other than private use.
- (3)The information carried on this site can be quoted for mainly educational purposes, etc. and within the scope specified by law. In this case, please give credit in the following way: for example, "Courtesy of The Japan Foundation, Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai" or "Source: The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai."
Exemption of responsibility
- (1)The utmost care is given to security on this site. However, this does not guarantee that the possibility of mistaken contents resulting from uncontrollable factors, such as falsification by a third party, is completely eliminated. The Japan Foundation, Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai does not bear responsibility for any damage to persons resulting from the use of this site or information on this site.
- (2)In order to facilitate the convenience of people using this site, this site includes contents, links, and other information suggested by third parties and translations of these items carried out by The Japan Foundation, Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai for which The Japan Foundation, Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai does not have responsibility.
We will use the opinions and impressions of users collected via the ‘Contact us’ section as a reference when managing the site and to help in its continuous improvement. We may contact users via the email address they provide. The Japan Foundation, Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai will not intentionally reveal information collected from users that can identify an individual to a third party.
However, this excludes the following 2 exceptional cases:
- 1.If information is requested on the basis of legal grounds.
- 2.If, when the processing of information collected by The Japan Foundation, Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai is consigned to an outside business, etc., information is revealed within the scope necessary for the performance of the said work.
The Japan Foundation, Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai adopts rational measures to prevent the accidental disclosure of collected information to a third party. Please understand, however, that the security measures taken by The Japan Foundation, Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai do not guarantee complete security regarding the leakage of information that can identify individual users, etc.
Cookies are data files sent from a website to a user's computer. They enable the website to read from the user's computer when the user visits the site again. Some pages on this site use the cookies function to save the user the trouble of inputting details every time, collect history information on pages visited by the user, etc. Personal information about users is not obtained through cookies. Furthermore, the user can reject the acceptance of cookies. In this case, though, it might not be possible to use some of the services provided on this site.
Please use the "Contact us" section of the MARUGOTO+ website for inquiries. Apologies for any inconvenience.
- (1)The information and URL of this site may be changed or deleted without advance notificaction
- (2)While the utmost care is taken to ensure the accuracy of information carried on this site, The Japan Foundation, Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai does not bear any responsibility whatsoever for any actions taken by users after using this site.
- (3)Due to technical limitations of the electronic media, fonts, etc. might differ from those in printed publicity materials (for example, machine-dependent characters, personal names).
- (4)Due to system disorder, maintenance, etc., the supply of information from this site might be temporarily suspended.